Quality Matters Online
A Youth Work Institute Course
Learn about the essential components of a high-quality youth program and how to create environments that are positive places for young people to develop. In this basics class, participants will learn about the current research that helps us define quality and begin understanding how to measure and improve it. At the core of Quality Matters is the Youth Program Quality Assessment (YPQA), a nationally recognized observational measurement tool that provides a valid and reliable way to assess program quality. Participants will dig into the specific quality practices as defined by the YPQA for use in their own practice.
How it works:
- Seven "go at your own pace" (without a moderator) modules that take between 15 and 40 minutes each
- Unlimited access for 24 hrs a day at your convenience for 90 days from your registration date.
- After 90 days from your registration date, access will be disabled
- Videos and activities that help you take concrete ideas back to your program for use every day
- Certificate for completing 4-hour training available at the end of the course
What you’ll have when you walk away:
- A good understanding of the definition and characteristics of good quality, as defined by research and practice
- A chance to identify and recognize quality practices in your own program
- Opportunity to reflect on and discuss on line how your work contributes to a high quality youth program and why program quality is important
- A chance to practice what you are learning
- High-speed internet access
- Current version of Flash Player
- Computer speakers
- Mozilla Firefox is the recommended browser
Who should attend:
This is a great basics course for part-time staff, volunteers or new staff joining organizations that are focusing on improving quality as a regular part of their work.
Participants will have 24-hour web access to the self-guided curriculum for 90 days from their registration date.
To request this course in your area, contact us