Leadership Matters Online
This online class takes an in-depth exploration into the key issues in supervision and leadership of youth work organizations. Online activities include both synchronized group time and individual self-paced learning.
Over the course of a month, participants can expect to spend an average of 5 hours/week, up to 15 hours total. Setting aside intentional time devoted to online work is required to have the full professional development experience.
Participants will engage with an online community to:
- Develop your supervision practice,
- Assess your management and supervision style,
- Develop a peer network and sense of intentionality about your work.
Both interactive and self-paced learning will be experienced by:
- Interacting with session presentations
- Participating in live webinars
- Engaging in forum discussions
- Exploring relevant articles, videos and websites
How it works:
- Context for Youth Work Supervision
- Leadership vs. Management
- Strengths Based Leadership
- Professionalizing Youth Work
- Core Competencies for Youth Workers and Youth Work Supervisors
- Action Plan
- High-speed Internet Access
- Current version of Flash Player
- Mozilla Firefox Internet Browser
- Computer Speakers
Who should attend:
Those who have leadership and supervision roles in youth development.
Organizations that register five or more people for this course at the same time may receive a group discount of 25%. Contact the course facilitator for the promotion code to be applied at group registration.
Introductory week: Feb. 24 - Mar. 2
Course content: Mar. 3 - 21
Live webinars: Mar. 4, 11, 18