Dilemmas in Youth Work
A Youth Work Institute Course
Youth workers face challenging situations that require them to address multiple, often competing considerations in their daily work with young people. In this foundational youth work class, dig into the sticky challenges and issues of youth work and examine various ways to respond to real-life dilemmas of everyday practice.
How it works:
- Explore dilemmas identified by youth workers in a national research study.
- Get to know the most current research on youth worker expertise.
- Work together with peers to develop strategies for addressing dilemmas in your work that better meet the developmental needs of youth.
What you’ll have when you walk away:
- Practical preparation for facing challenging situations.
- Increased competence in responding to dilemmas in youth-centered ways.
Who should attend:
Primarily for front-line youth workers and their supervisors. A basic knowledge of youth work or experience as a youth worker is expected.
To request this course in your area, contact us.
People who have taken this course say:
"Loved all of it! Sure to change the way I think about youth and how I work to best meet their needs especially in tough situations."
"This was directly related to the work I do and it helped me to really look at the impact my decisions have."
"It was good practice for me to think about the complexities of dilemmas from many perspectives. Thank you!"
"This training allowed me to enhance my skills and learn new ways and strategies of dealing with real life youth dilemmas. Thank you very much!"