Dilemmas in Youth Work Online
A Youth Work Institute Course
Youth workers face challenging situations that require them to address multiple, often competing considerations in their daily work with young people. In this foundational online class, dig into the sticky challenges and issues of youth work and examine various ways to respond to real-life dilemmas of everyday practice. Online activities include both synchronized group time and individual self-paced learning.
Participants will engage with an online community to:
- Explore dilemmas identified by youth workers in a national research study.
- Get to know the most current research on youth worker expertise.
- Work together with peers to develop strategies for addressing dilemmas in your work that better meet the developmental needs of youth.
- Practical preparation for facing challenging situations.
- Increased competence in responding to dilemmas in youth-centered ways.
Both interactive and self-paced learning will be experienced by:
- Interacting with session presentations
- Participating in live webinars
- Engaging in forum discussions
- Exploring relevant articles, videos and websites
- High-speed Internet Access
- Current version of Flash Player
- Mozilla Firefox Internet Browser
- Computer Speakers
Who should attend:
Primarily for front-line youth workers and their supervisors. A basic knowledge of youth work or experience as a youth worker is expected.
Cost: $100 (Participants who complete the entire course may receive 1.5 (15 hours) Continuing Education Units (CEU's) for an additional $10).
To request this course in your area, contact us.