AMC 4-H Community Leadership Award
Application deadline: February 9, 2012
Do you have a 4-H club that has worked hard on a community service or leadership program over the last year? Would they like to be recognized by county commissioners from throughout Minnesota and receive $250 for their club?
If the answer is yes then they should be thinking about applying for the 2012 Association of Minnesota Counties 4-H Community Leadership Awards.
Every year, the Extension Committee of the Association of Minnesota Counties (AMC) selects two 4-H club projects to receive awards of $250, in recognition for their contributions and service to their communities. These projects must have responded to real community needs, have had a great impact, and been driven by youth.
Purpose of the Award
- To recognize 4-H clubs and other organized 4-H youth development programs for outstanding contributions and service to their local communities.
- The service or leadership project must be organized by a recognized 4-H club or other recognized 4-H youth development program.
- Project must engage a large segment of the 4-H club or group and not just a few individuals or families.
- Project must have responded to real community need(s).
- Project must have been active and had impact during the 2011 calendar year.
- Youth must be involved in significant leadership roles in the project, including in the selection of the project.
- Project must demonstrate impact.
Application materials required
- AMC 4-H Community Leadership Award application form
- Executive summary of your project
- Letter of support from a county commissioner or other community leader verifying he completion and effectiveness of the project
- Application packet (85 K PDF) (40 K DOC)
application deadline: February 9, 2012
- The awards are presented during the AMC Legislative Conference in March.
- Four members of each winning project will be invited to the event to receive the award.
- One youth is typically asked to make a few brief comments when accepting the award.
- The AMC Award is a great opportunity for counties and regions to recognize its 4-H members.
Questions? Contact: Toni Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-651-789-4335.