Urban 4-H Showcase
The Urban 4-H Showcase Event is dedicated to sharing unique talents, presenting what you've accomplished and celebrating achievements. Share what you have learned in your 4-H club with a project display, a presentation, or a digital media portfolio. Showcase your specialty act or musical performance.
- Apr. 20, 2013 (April 21 is the back-up date)
- 1-5 p.m.
- FAIR School - 3915 Adair Ave. N. Crystal
Urban 4-H Project Fair
The Urban 4-H Project Fair is an opportunity for youth to gain confidence in public presentation, share and learn from one another, and get positive feedback. Youth will show and tell their knowledge by creating a project display and presenting their project learning experience. Youth can present as an individual or as a group.
Project Fair Details
- Each project will have roughly a three foot display area. Please indicate if additional space is needed.
- Conversation Presentation (non State Fair judged): Youth/programs can register for a conversation presentation; a 5-8 minute question and answer session with an expert adult. Youth and programs will also show and tell projet learning to the Fair audience. Youth/programs will be scheduled for either the first or second half of the project fiar to present.
Illustrated Presentation (Hennepin State Fair judged):
Youth/programs can register for an Illustrated Presentation where they present an idea, concept, viewpoint, or experience in an educational or informative format. Power-points, posters, pictures, charts, and other materials can be used to convey a topic or experience and knowledge gained. Presentations are to be 6-10 minutes and will be scheduled.
*Hennepin County will award State Fair trips to eligible participants in the Illustrated Presentation category at the Urban 4-H Showcase and not at the Hennepin County Fair. Ramsey County participants will receive feedback on their projects, but will need to enter them in the Ramsey County Fair to compete for a State Fair trip.
Both presentation options are learner-centered and will provide the opportunity for the youth/program to interact with an expert adult and the Urban 4-H community. After the presentation or conversation, the expert adult will offer encouraging and constructive feedback as well as suggestions on further subject area exploration.
Performing Arts is a great opportunity for 4-H youth to put their creativity to use, present an act to share with others, and develop self confidence when perfomring before a large audience. Choose from a skit, specialty acts or musical performances. Acts will be judged on poise accommplishment, selection, being well prepared, and audience appeal. Individuals or groups can perform.
*State Fair trips for Share The Fun skit, Specialty Acts, and Musical Performances will be chosen at the Urban 4-H Showcase and not at the Hennepin and Ramsey County Fairs.
Members may only participate in two performing arts entries. Example: one Share The Fun, plus one other performance OR two performances.
Performing Arts Categories (all State Fair judged)
- Share The Fun - Skits are to be 6 minutes long. Get creative, utilize zany ideas from club members to put together a skit, and have fun rehearsing! Song, dance, drama, and other entertainment forms can be used. One skit per County will be chosen for the State Fair (the State Fair skit must not exceed 6 minutes).
- Musical Performances - This category consists of instrumental or vocals of individual, duets, trios, four or more. The judging is based on the musical skills and talents of the individual performers. Performances should be between 3-5 minutes.
- Specialty Acts - This category is for all acts such as: dance, readings, poetry, spoken word, song and dance routines, etc. Let your imagination and creativity be your guide. Acts are to be kept at 6 minutes long.