2013 Horse Quota Bonus Trips
To offer a limited number of additional trips to the Minnesota State Horse Show to counties that excel in educational programming.
The Minnesota 4-H Horse Program has grown to become the largest animal science project area. As the program grows, so has the uniqueness and scope of the opportunities afforded to horse project members. The Horse Bonus Trip program rewards counties that do an outstanding job of offering high-quality educational programs to 4-H'ers.
Programming geared to improving 4-H'ers' horsemanship skills as well as programs that create a service learning dimension should be considered.
Additional Trips for Horse
Twenty additional State 4-H Horse Show trips will be awarded under this scheme. The maximum number per county is one. Winning counties can decide how to use the trip, e.g., games or pleasure.
- The anonymous selection committee will be comprised of one Extension Staff person, one volunteer, and one youth to review the applications.
- The applications will be 1-2 pages long and designed not to take a great deal of time to complete.
- Applications are designed such that they could be completed by volunteer(s) or 4-H'er(s).
- All applications require a 4-H regional educator or 4-H program coordinator's signature to ensure accuracy.
- Applications are due to the Center for Youth Development by June 1 and could include activities and results since June 1 of the previous year.
- Applications will be duplicated and forwarded to the committee, which may meet in person or by conference call to make final decisions.
- Bonus trips will be awarded by June 25.
- Applications submitted for programming excellence will be evaluated on unique project meetings or service learning activities that enhance the depth of the horse project.
- Counties winning bonus trips will be highlighted in the State 4-H Horse Show Book.
Length limits: four pages, including a cover sheet, 200-word description, a photos page (brief captions only) and publicity page (one-page limit; actual publicity only). Limits will be strictly observed! Any part of the submission that exceeds these limits will be removed before judging.
Counties earning bonus trips will be duly noted in the State Show Catalog and on the horse project website, including a brief description of accomplishments.
Horse Quota Bonus Trip Application (Horse Quota Bonus Trips Application Cover Sheet Programming Excellence Form)
Programming Excellence Application Notice:
Any pages beyond the four-page application of the cover sheet, 200-word description (any words beyond the first 200 will be removed before judging), photos page (words allowed as brief captions only), and publicity page (one page of actual publicity only) will be excluded from the application.