Small Engines Project
Lawn mowers, go-karts and ATVs all run on small combustion engines. Learn about internal and external engine parts, tools, rules and regulations, safety issues, and career possibilities. Troubleshoot problems with a small engine, rebuild it and operate it safely.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
Teams of adult and youth volunteers are trained with highly interactive curriculum in one of four focus areas at one of three training dates. More info
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Small Engines Project resources
Beginning to learn about small engines:
- Small Engines 1 - Crank It Up ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Some experience with this project:
- Small Engines 2 - Warm It Up ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
- Small Engines 3 - Tune It Up ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project leader resources
- Small Engines - Helper's Guide ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Small Engines - Set of 4 ($15.40 40 pages each) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Other online resources
4-H Youth record keeping
- Small engines evaluation sheet (39 K PDF)