Where in the world are you? How long would it take emergency services to reach your house? Global Positional Systems (GPS) use satellites orbiting the earth to locate precise positions anytime, anywhere. Learn about GPS and how to use it to navigate the world and map the things in it.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Geospatial project resources
Beginning to learn about geospatial:
Some experience with this project:
- Exploring Spaces, Going Places CD (“On the Trail” section) $15 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
- Exploring Spaces, Going Places CD ((“Reaching your destination” section) $15 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- GPS Primer (505 K PDF)
- Latitude and Longitude Activity (107 K PDF)
- Compass Basics (50 K PDF)
Project leader resources
Other online resources
- Geospatial evaluation sheet (35 K PDF)