How does electricity work? Build circuits and test voltages. Learn about wiring, lighting, safety issues, and more. Activities may include building a rocket launcher, burglar alarm, flashlight, compass, electromagnet or electric motor.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
Teams of adult and youth volunteers will be trained with highly interactive curriculum in Aquatic Robotics or one of three other focus areas at one of three training dates. More info
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Electric Project resources
- Electricity 1 - Magic of Electricity ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Electricity 2 - Investigation Electricity ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Electricity 3 - Wired for Power ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Electricity 4 - Entering Electronics ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project leader resources
Project meeting outlines
Other online resources
- Switched on Kids
- Changing Circuits
- Circuits and Conductors
- Using Electricity
- Building Squishy Circuits
4-H Youth record keeping
- Electric evaluation sheet (42 K PDF)