Tractors are an essential part of Minnesota's agriculture industry. Learn about safe handling, maintenance, restoration and operation, including parts of the tractor, fuels, engine operation, hydraulic and electrical systems, and safety.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Tractor Project resources
Beginning to learn about tractors:
Some experience with this project:
- Small Engines 2 - Warm It Up ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
- Small Engines 3 - Tune It Up ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project leader resources
- National 4-H tractor contest
- Small Engines Group Helper's Guide($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Small Engines - Set of 4 ($15.40 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Agricultural tractors and machinery
Other online resources
- Tractor safety
- Lawnmower self repair
- 4-H Tractor Project, 9-12th grade level (Louisiana State University)
- Tractor evaluation sheet (38 K PDF)