Consumer Education Project
You need to manage money throughout your life. Improve your money management skills and become a more informed consumer. Learn to distinguish between wants and needs, identify, set and evaluate goals, track expenses and income, and more.
State & Regional Events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
Participants judge five classes in the areas of Personal Care, Entertainment & Leisure, Clothing & Textiles, Consumerism & Personal Finance, and Nutrition. Participants also have a questions class where they recall facts about the items in a class. Intermediate participants (grades 6-8) present one set of reasons and senior participants (grades 9+) present two sets of reasons to a judge. More info.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Consumer Education Project resources
Beginning to learn about consumer education:
- Consumer Savvy 1 - The Consumer In Me ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Some experience with this project:
- Consumer Savvy 2 - Consumer Wise ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
Project leader resources
- Consumer Savvy - Helper's Guide ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Consumer Savvy - Set of 4 ($15.40 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Financial Champions - Helper's Guide ($4.50 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Financial Champions - Set of 3 ($12 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
4-H Youth record keeping
- Consumer education evaluation sheet (38 K PDF)