Child & Famly Development Project
Discover how to be self-reliant and responsible, how to handle emergencies, and develop home-alone skills. Learn about home safety and age-appropriate toys, nutritious snacks for children, and how to create a poem, story or game.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
Participants judge five classes in the areas of personal care, entertainment & leisure, clothing & textiles, consumerism & personal finance, and nutrition. Participants also have a questions class, in which tthey recall facts about the items in a class. Intermediate participants (grades 6-8) present one set of reasons and senior participants (grades 9+) present two sets of reasons to a judge. More info.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Child & Family Development Project resources
Beginning to learn about child & family development:
- Child Development 1 - On My Own ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Some experience with this project:
- Child Development 2 - Growing with Others ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
- Child Development 3 - Growing in Communities ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project leader resources
- Child Development - Helper's Guide ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Child Development - Set of 4 ($14.75 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- 4-H Child care kits
Other online resources
4-H Youth record keeping
- Child & Family Development evaluation sheet (39 K PDF)