Exploring the Environment Project
Explore forests, fields or streams, ecosystems, wildlife and biodiversity, "leave no trace" camping and hiking skills, and how to be a good steward for the environment.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education. More than 7,000 4-H youth will have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performing arts, Arts - In performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Exploring the Environment Project resources
- Exploring Your Environment - Eco-Wonders ($4.25 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Exploring Your Environment- Eco-Actions ($4.25 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Outdoor Adventures 1 - Hiking Trails ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Outdoor Adventures 2 - Camping Adventures ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Outdoor Adventures 3 - Backpacking Expeditions ($3.95 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Energizing Your Future: Econ & Envir ($.50 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Guide to Birdhouse Building (member's manual) ($1.50)
- Establishing and Maintaining a Prairie Garden ($1.50)
- Structures for Backyard Composting
- Agriculture Careers at USDA
- Environmental Science Career Guide (2.7 MB PDF)
- Backyard Composting
Traveling Trash Trunks
Three 30-minute lessons focus on the topics of garbage, resource recovery, landfills, and groundwater. Traveling Trash Trunks are filled with curriculum ideas, hands-on activities, books, music, and videos. These interactive, comprehensive lessons are designed for youth ages 5-12. Trash Trunks are loaned out at no charge. Call Ramsey or Washington County to arrange to borrow a Trash Trunk.
Ramsey County: 1-651-266-1194
Washington County: 1-651-430-6655
Project leader resources
Project meeting outlines
Other online resources
4-H Youth record keeping
- Exploring the Environment evaluation sheet (39 K PDF)