Needle Arts Project
Stand out in the crowd with your own unique sweaters, scarves, or blankets. Learn the basics of knitting, crocheting, embroidery and counted cross stitch. Learn various patterns or create your own designs. Once you master the basics, host a knitting party or join a knitting club.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. Over 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Needle Arts Project resources
Beginning to learn about needle arts:
- Knitting Made Easy ($4.99 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Beginning To Knit - Kansas 4-H
- National Needle Arts Association
- Crochet Made Easy ($4.99 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Yarn - The Essential Element of Knitting
Some experience with this project:
Project leader resources
- Needle art mentor program ideas
- Entrepreneurship - Helper's Guide ($2.96 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Entrepreneurship - Set of 2 ($10.13 Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Other online resources
- Needle Arts evaluation sheet (38 K PDF)