Learn skills wood-workers use, such as measuring, squaring and cutting a board, sanding, drilling, and driving nails. Routers, joiners, table saws, tape measures, drills, sand paper and glue are some of the tools you will use to build projects of your choice.
State & regional events
To view county or local club events, visit the county website.
Teams of adult and youth volunteers will be trained with highly interactive curriculum in aquatic robotics or one of three other focus areas at one of three training dates. More info
4-H plays a pivotal role in youth development and public education at the Minnesota State Fair. More than 7,000 4-H youth have the opportunity to interact with the public and educate fairgoers through 4-H exhibits, demonstrations, performances, and 4-H promotion. More info.
Shop Project resources
Beginning to learn about shop:
- Woodworking Wonders 1 - Measuring Up ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Some experience with this project:
- Woodworking Wonders 2 - Making The Cut ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Looking for a challenge:
- Woodworking Wonders 3 - Nailing It Together ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
- Woodworking Wonders- Finishing Up ($3.95 (40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall)
Project leader resources
- Woodworking Wonders- Helper's Guide ($3.95 40 pages) Find this in the 4-H Mall
- Woodworking Wonders - Set of 5 ($19.25 40 pages each) Find this in the 4-H Mall
Other online resources
4-H Youth record keeping
- Shop - wood & metal evaluation sheet (38 K PDF)