Youth Exploring Leadership and Learning Outloud! (YELLO!) is an exciting and fun, annual statewide leadership conference that brings together approximately 400 youth from across Minnesota to learn valuable skills that they will be able to take back with them to their counties and utilize throughout their lives. Youth participants also have the opportunity to engage in service-learning activities and fun excursions in the local community.
- June 10-13, 2013 - 4-H Building, Minnesota State Fairgrounds
- Participant packing list, code of conduct and cell phone policy (417 K PDF)
- Photo highlights from 2012 (8.1MB PDF)
Who can attend?
All youth (including non 4-H youth) in grades 6 through one year past high school at the time of the conference. Chaperones are needed—they are a "must have" and must be 4-H screened volunteers. Counties will be responsible for recruiting/identifying chaperones for their delegation.
What types of activities will YELLO! offer me?
- Meet and make new friends with youth from across Minnesota,
- attend and learn from hands-on, experiential workshops,
- explore and discuss issues affecting youth in small and large groups,
- learn about and take home great ideas from other outstanding youth leaders,
- gain new leadership and citizenship skills to bring back to your community,
- work together with other youth and adults through service-learning activities,
- have tons of fun at dances, small group gatherings, an Activity on the Town, and much more!
2013 YELLO! General Event Schedule
- Monday, June 10
- Participant arrival: (check-in time is from 1:00-2:15)
- Keynote speaker
- Opening ceremonies
- Tuesday, June 11
- Leadership topics
- Education sessions
- Night on the Town with the Minnesota Twins!
- Wednesday, June 12
- Service in the Cities (Participants will be engaged in service activities at various locations in the Twin Cities)
- Closing banquet
- Thursday, June 13
- Capnote speaker
- Closing ceremonies (event concludes at 11:30 a.m.)
- Participant departure
Parking at the event: If you're driving to YELLO, you may park outside the 4-H building on the fairgrounds for the duration of the event.
How much does it cost?
Registration is $190 per person through May 21. Registrations received May 22 through May 30 will incur a $20 late fee. Registration will close May 30, 2013. The $190 fee covers all food, housing, and activities during the event, as well as a conference t-shirt for all youth participants and adult chaperones, and a selected fun event in the Twin Cities. All communication regarding cancellations or substitutions must be sent to: email@example.com. Your county may offer scholarships, and/or may have group transportation options for an additional cost. Please inquire directly with your county office.
How do I register?
YELLO! registration must be done through 4-H Online. Download the instructions (310 K PDF) or contact your county office for a registration worksheet.
Not a current 4-H member?
Minnesota State 4-H Ambassadors: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jacquie Lonning, State Citizenship program manager: email@example.com, 612-624-9117
Kimberly Thompson, executive office and administrative specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org, 612-624-7774