North Central Regional Volunteer Forum
In even-numbered years, an annual training and development conference designed for all 4-H volunteers rotates around the 12-state north central region of the US. The host state selects and develops a theme of relevance to volunteers. In odd-numbered years, north central region volunteer specialists offer a distance-learning experience for volunteers throughout the region.
- Fall 2012 date and location TBD
Who can attend?
Adult and teen (recommended minimum age is 16) volunteers working with youth and/or youth organizations. The focus is on the 4-H program.
What will I do at North Central Regional Volunteer Forum?
Generally, this forum enables participants to:
- Network with other volunteers from across the 12-state north central region, our neighboring states to the south and west, and three Canadian provinces.
- Identify ways to strengthen adult-youth collaboration.
- Explore partnership development opportunities between 4-H and other youth organizations.
- Expand horizons beyond the local level, to better understand 4-H at the regional and national levels.
- Take home new and innovative ideas and concepts to share with others.
- Leave inspired to truly make a difference in the lives of others.
How much does it cost?
Registration costs are determined by each host state and usually vary with the specific activities each participant chooses. Recent registration fees have started around $200.
Extension program leader
Extension Center for Youth Development