Extension educator, regional 4-H youth development programs
Current work, research and interests
Mark Haugen works as an Extension educator for regional 4-H programs and is based at the St. Cloud Regional Office. Mark believes that authentic community engagement is the most effective way to identify and address community priorities. He leads county staff through processes of goal setting, visioning and strategic planning with local stakeholders to shape specific goals and strategies from their dreams. In the past decade, Mark has led county and regional youth development programs, state-wide events such as the National Science Experiment, created science-based 4-H clubs and led various other local events and programs.
Academic degrees and experience
- Graduate certificate, PK-12 administration (director of community education), University of Minnesota.
- Minnesota Department of Education director license grades PK- adult
- M.Ed., youth development leadership, University of Minnesota
- Certificate, Blandin Community Leadership Program, Blandin Foundation/Itasca Community College.
- B.S., secondary education, social studies, Bemidji State University
- Minnesota Department of Education teaching license grades 5-12
Extension Regional Office, St. Cloud