Extension > Food > Food Safety > For Food Processors > Food Defense for Food Processors
Food Defense for Food Processors
Regulations | Allergens | Workshops and Meetings | eNews
Food Defense Resources
- National Center for Food Protection and Defense — NCFPD provides research and education to food processing to aid in the development of Food Defense Programs in efforts to reduce the potential for contamination at any point along the food supply chain.
- Food Shield — provides a platform for delivering food defense training modules and materials to professionals in public health, food regulatory agencies, and industry.
Food Facility Registration
FDA Guidance Publications
- Draft Guidance for Industry: Necessity of the Use of Food Categories in Food Facility Registrations and Updates to Food Categories (August 2012)
- Questions and Answers Regarding Registration of Food Facilities (Edition 4) (August 6, 2004)
- Compliance Policy Guide - Guidance for FDA Staff: Registration of Food Facilities Under the Public Health Security and Bioterrorism Preparedness and Response Act of 2002 (December 2003; Revised November 2004 and August 2006)
- What You Need to Know About Registration of Food Facilities (includes French and Spanish) (November 25, 2003)
- Food Defense: Draft Guidance for Industry: FDA Records Access Authority Under Sections 414 and 704 of the Federal Food, Drug, & Cosmetic Act (February 2012)
- Food Defense: Questions and Answers Regarding Establishment and Maintenance of Records By Persons Who Manufacture, Process, Pack, Transport, Distribute, Receive, Hold, or Import Food (Edition 5) (February 2012)