Online certification renewal for food managers
See a video demonstration of this course.
The online training is a flexible, effective way to meet the State of Minnesota's four-hour requirement for renewing Food Manager certification. You can:
- Study at your own rate
- Take the course at home or work
- Work online day or night
The online course uses videos, quizzes, case studies and activities to keep you engaged as you move through the modules. You even get the kinds of takeaways you receive at an in-person training; there are tip sheets and resources to download throughout the training. Select four of the eight modules that are the most useful to you or take the modules individually. Take up to three months to complete the modules. Print out your personalized certificates at the end of each module.
The online course is a convenient option for employee training or to supplement Certified Food Managers needing one or two hours to complete the four-hour training requirements.
Schedule and registration
- Option 1: $75 for 4 modules—Choose four of the eight modules offered for certification renewal.
- Option 2: $20 each module—Buy single modules for you or your employees. The following options are available:
- Cleaning and sanitizing—basics. Great for new food employees and managers. Buy this module.
- Cleaning and sanitizing—advanced. Take a deeper look at issues related to cleaning and sanitizing. Buy this module.
- Cooling principles. Learn proper methods for cooling foods by working through scenarios based on actual cases of foodborne illness to identify what went wrong. Buy this module.
- Emerging trends I. Food allergens, crisis management, catering, food irradiation. Buy this module.
- Emerging trends II. Reduced oxygen packaging (ROP) and HACCP. Buy this module.
- Personal hygiene. The role of personal hygiene in reducing the risks of contamination. Buy this module.
- Preventing foodborne illness. Learn the basics, then test what you've learned by walking through the steps of making chicken salad. Buy this module.
- Ready-to-eat (RTE) foods. Find out about the special needs of RTE foods and the responsibilities of the person-in-charge. Buy this module.
To share this information with others, feel free to print out a course sheet (102 K PDF).
- A web browser with Flash, Adobe Reader (get Reader).
- Certified Food Manager certificate—Please make sure you are already a Certified Food Manager.
Personnel of foodservice establishments who need to renew their Food Manager Certification. Certifications require 4 hours of renewal education every three years.
Food establishments can purchase the course for all of their food managers. Access codes are given at the time of purchase and can be distributed as needed. This means supervisors can buy the training for their employees who need certification renewal.
All coursework and registration is online.
This course is also offered in person.
Connie Schwartau, firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-337-2819.