Home food preservation
A variety of courses are available for people who preserve and process food at home. Preserving food at home safely is emphasized, along with information on how to produce a quality product.
Course topics include:
- Safe home canning, freezing, pickling, and drying
- The science of food preservation
- Producing a quality home preserved product
- Home processing and equipment
- Selecting research-based credible resources
Most courses use the community sponsorship model. Community groups or organizations sponsor the workshop, make the arrangements, and take registrations and fees.
Class titles include:
- Preserving Food Safely
- Preserve Your Harvest
- Preserving Food Safely: Exploring the Options
- Freezing Food for Later Use
- Basics of Home Canning: Safety First
- Food Preservation: Where to Find Credible Resources and Canning Basics
- Preserving Tomatoes and Salsa
- Methods and Safety in Home Food Preservation
Recommended for individuals who want to learn about updated practices for preserving food for their own use.
- In person, as requested: Courses can be provided for a group of at least 15 learners, depending on availability of trainers. See if courses are currently scheduled.
Schedule a course
To sponsor a training with your organization or community you need:
- A minimum of 15 participants from your organization
- A training site/location
- Contact Connie Schwartau at email@example.com for cost and arrangement details.
Connie Schwartau, firstname.lastname@example.org, 507-337-2819.