Managing Your College Life:
Your Money - Your Housing - Your Time
Going to college offers many new experiences. For many students, college is the first time they have ever had control of their own money, housing, and time.
Managing Your College Life: Your Money — Your Housing — Your Time is an online presentation that helps students better manage and survive their first years of college.
Through this presentation you will become and stay a responsible renter by learning how to:
- Communicate effectively with roommates and property managers.
- Manage money resources wisely to pay rent on time every month.
- Choose adequate, safe, and affordable housing.
- Move through the rental process – screening, lease agreements, security deposits, and moving out.
- Maintain a home.
Just click on the presentation link below and get started. It takes less than ½ hour to complete.
You will also want to review and/or print off the “Related Resources” listed below. These easy-to-use tools will help you find that rental unit and keep it.
- Communication, Compromise, and Consideration: The 3 Cs of Getting Along with Roommates
- Spending Plan: Short Form
- Determine Your Housing Needs
- Rental Survey
- Sample Rental Application
- Rental Condition Checklist
- Home Maintenance Checklist
- Resource Guide
The materials in this online presentation are adapted from RentWise, a tenant education certificate program. For additional information on renting, you may also be interested in purchasing the complete RentWise Workbook/Organizer which covers the topics addressed in this tutorial and more.
For more information, contact Lori Hendrickson (email@example.com; 888-241-0885).