RentWise: Renter's Workbook and Organizer
English | Spanish
The RentWise: Renter's Workbook and Organizer helps you be a successful renter. It is a unique and practical resource for experienced and new renters alike. There are two parts to this resource.
The Workbook includes seven sections with basic, easy-to-understand information:
Purchase multiple copies and save money!
- 1-24 copies – $8.00/each
- 25 or more copies – $6.40/each
This is also available in Spanish.
- Communication and Conflict Resolution (208 K PDF)
- Managing Your Money
- Finding a Place to Call Home (64 K PDF)
- Getting Through the Rental Process
- Moving In
- Taking Care of a Home
- When You Move Out
There are notes pages at the end of the Workbook for your convenience.
The Organizer (the folder surrounding the Workbook) provides a file to store important rental records such as the lease, rent receipts, letters to and from the property manager, and other important records. The checklist on the back pocket lists items that should be kept. Good record keeping makes it easier to look up information in case of a problem or an emergency. The Organizer includes seven Worksheets and a RentWise Resource Guide. The worksheets help you develop a plan to manage your money, figure out housing needs, record the move-in condition of your rental unit, and pull together a rental history. They include:
- Estimating Monthly Income
- Estimating Monthly Expenses
- Determine Your Housing Needs (89 K PDF)
- Sample Rental Application (753 K PDF)
- Sample Renter's Resumé
- Rental Survey (118 K PDF)
- Rental Condition Checklist (265 K PDF)
- RentWise Resource Guide (87 K PDF)
You may also be interested in our other RentWise resources.