Parents Forever™: The Impact of Divorce on Adults Parent Handbook
This booklet gives an overview of the emotions typically involved in the divorce process from the adult perspective, including anger and stress. Intended for divorcing, separating, and never-been-married parents, it discusses ways to recognize and cope with difficult emotions and unrealistic expectations. It also addresses family safety needs such as a spousal and child abuse. One of five in the Parents Forever™ Parent Handbook series, this 44-page booklet features ample room for parents to take notes and useful parent worksheets. See the "Contents" section below for samples from this booklet.
Introduction (38 K PDF)
Understanding the Process of Family Transition
Purchase multiple copies and save money!
- 1-99 copies – $8.00/each
- 100 or more copies – $6.40/each
- Deciding: Contemplating and Making the Decision
- Making the Transition from One Home to Two
- Living with a New Reality (279 K PDF)
- Accepting the Past and Moving On
Understanding Anger and Conflict
- How Do You Handle Anger?
- What is Your Anger Style?
- Dos and Don’ts of Managing Anger
- Old Anger and New Anger
- Strategies for Dealing with Your Anger (384 K PDF)
Stress and Family Transition
- Managing Stress
- How Well Do You Manage Stress?
Making a Family Transition Safe
- What is Family Violence?
- How Children are Affected by Family Violence
- The Connection Between Child Abuse and Family Violence
- Safe Child Custody and Parenting Time
Save by ordering this booklet in a Parents Forever™ package:
- Parents Forever™: Education for Families in Divorce Transition Curriculum (with DVD)
- Parents Forever™: Complete Set of Parent Handbooks
An older version of this booklet is available online in Spanish:
You may also be interested in the other parent handbooks (Parents Forever™: Complete Set of Parent Handbooks) or these Online Resources.