Publication 06773 (2012)
Parents Forever™: The Impact of Divorce on Adults Parent Handbook
This 44-page booklet is a part of the Parents Forever™ curriculum developed for divorcing and never-been-married parents. It gives an overview of the emotions typically involved in the divorce process from the adult perspective, including anger and stress. This booklet was newly revised and redesigned in 2012 and now features more worksheets for parents.
Introduction (38 K PDF)
Understanding the Process of Family Transition
- Deciding: Contemplating and Making the Decision
- Making the Transition from One Home to Two
- Living with a New Reality (279 K PDF)
- Accepting the Past and Moving On
Understanding Anger and Conflict
- How Do You Handle Anger?
- What is Your Anger Style?
- Dos and Don’ts of Managing Anger
- Old Anger and New Anger
- Strategies for Dealing with Your Anger (384 K PDF)
Stress and Family Transition
- Managing Stress
- How Well Do You Manage Stress?
Making a Family Transition Safe
- What is Family Violence?
- How Children are Affected by Family Violence
- The Connection Between Child Abuse and Family Violence
- Safe Child Custody and Parenting Time
Save 20% on orders of 100 or more, or 25% on orders of 300 or more!
Save by ordering this booklet in a Parents Forever™ package:
- Parents Forever™: Education for Families in Divorce Transition (with DVD)
- Parents Forever™: Complete Set of Parent Handbooks
An older version of this booklet is available online in Spanish:
- Padres para siempre: El impacto del divorcio en los adultos (Parents Forever™: The Impact of Divorce on Adults Parent Handbook — Spanish)
You may also be interested in the other parent handbooks (Parents Forever™: Complete Set of Parent Handbooks) or these Online Resources.