Publication – 08419 (2006)
Simply Good Eating for Seniors Book (with Handout CDs)
This is one of four units in the Simply Good Eating — Complete Curriculum. The 73-page printed book helps participants learn how to eat more calcium-containing foods, reduce their intake of fat and salt to reduce heart disease risk, and plan meals that are tasty, attractive, and economical when cooking for one or two. The activities are highly adaptable to the needs and interests of a diverse range of participants. The book now includes two CDs of reproducible English and Spanish handouts. This curriculum complies with the 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPyramid and is recommended for EFNEP and FSNEP staff, other nutrition educators, and teachers.
Please note: This curriculum no longer includes printed recipe cards. The recipes referred to in the curriculum are now available online.
Boning Up on Calcium
- Activity 1: Calcium Treasure Chest
- Activity 2: Am I Getting Enough Calcium?
- Activity 3: Lactose Intolerance: “I Like Milk, but Does Milk Like Me?”
- Activity 4: Cooking Demonstrations
Eating for a Healthy Heart
- Activity 1: Heart Disease: What Are the Risks? (403 K PDF)
Handouts: - English (166 K PDF) | Spanish (192 K PDF)
- Activity 2: Good Fat, Bad Fat
- Activity 3: Eating to Prevent High Blood Pressure
- Activity 4: Let’s Get Sodium Savvy!
- Activity 5: Cooking with Flavor
- Activity 6: Eating Out: Choosing Less Fat
Shopping and Cooking for One or Two
- Activity 1: Introducing Shopping and Cooking for One or Two
- Activity 2: Convenience and Cost
- Activity 3: “5 to 9 A Day” Made Easy for One or Two
- Activity 4: Making it Easy
- Activity 5: Cooking Demonstrations
For additional information on how to use this curriculum, please refer to the Simply Good Eating User’s Guide.
Save by ordering this book/CD set with the Simply Good Eating — Complete Curriculum.
Already have the package and just need the Spanish handouts CD? Order the Spanish CD.