Publication – 08551 (Translated 2007)
Simple, sano y sabroso para madres e hijos — Manual práctíco e informativo
This is one of four units in the Simply Good Eating — Complete Curriculum. This CD contains Spanish versions of the handouts for the Simply Good Eating for Moms & Kids Book. Recommended for educators teaching nutrition to moms, it contains an easy-to-print handouts that support the key lessons of the unit: healthy eating during pregnancy, age-appropriate foods and feeding practices for babies, food safety concerns for babies and youth, and healthy meals and snacks for young children. These handouts are highly adaptable to the needs and interests of Latino participants and they comply with the 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPyramid.
Baby and Me: The How-To's for a Healthy Pregnancy
- Activity 1: Pregnancy — It's a Weighting Game
Handouts: Spanish (64 K PDF)
- Activity 2: Weighing In — The What and Where of Weight Gain during Pregnancy
- Activity 3: Eating for Mom and Baby — Daily Food Choices for Pregnant Women
- Activity 4: It Never Bothered Me Before — Common Nutritional Concerns during Pregnancy
- Activity 5: Just Say No, Thank You
- Activity 6: Baby-feeding Decisions
Baby Feeding Tips that Really Work
- Activity 1: New Babies Eat Day and Night!
- Activity 2: There's More to Babyhood than Milk: Starting New Foods
- Activity 3: Preventing Choking
- Activity 4: Bottle Mouth Is for Bottles, Not Babies
- Activity 5: Safe, Not Sorry: Food Safety for Babies
- Activity 6: Preparing Formula
Food Safety for Kids
- Activity 1: Germie Bear and Hand Washing
- Activity 2: Hand Washing Songs
Handouts: Spanish (91 K PDF)
- Activity 3: Washing Hands: A Little Soap Goes a Long Way
- Activity 4: Germs and Hand Washing
- Activity 5: Where Does This Food Belong?
Healthy Eating for Kids
- Activity 1: Try It, You'll Like It
- Activity 2: What to Do?
- Activity 3: Smaller People, Smaller Servings
- Activity 4: Fun with Food
Save by ordering this book/CD set with the Simply Good Eating — Complete Curriculum.