Publication – 08495 (Translated -2007)
Simple, sano y sabroso para la salud — Manual práctíco e informativo
This CD is part of the Simply Good Eating — Complete Curriculum. The CD contains Spanish versions of the handouts for the Simply Good Eating for Health Book. Recommended for educators teaching nutrition, it contains an easy-to-print handouts that support the key lessons of the unit: basic nutrition principles and physical activity as part of a healthy lifestyle; how to get key nutrients in one's diet; the importance of eating breakfast; and how to choose healthier, lower-fat and lower-cost breakfast foods, snacks and fast foods. These handouts are highly adaptable to the needs and interests of Latino participants and they comply with the 2005 Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPyramid.
Good Nutrition: As Easy as 1, 2, 3
- Activity 1: Risk Game
- Activity 2: Overview of MyPyramid
- Activity 3: Pyramid Menu Planning
- Spanish (124 K PDF)
- Activity 4: Exploring the Emotional Side of Food
- Activity 5: Small Changes over Time
- Activity 6: Elements of Managing Weight Successfully
- Activity 7: Barriers and Bonuses of Physical Activity
Vitamins and Minerals: What's in It for Me?
- Activity 1: Foods for Good Nutrition
- Activity 2: Color Your Meals with Fruits and Vegetables
- Activity 3: Vitamins and Minerals: Am I Eating the Right Amounts?
- Activity 4: Common Dietary Supplement Myths
- Activity 5: Do I Need a Supplement?
- Activity 6: I Took a Supplement, but What Didn't I Get?
Unlocking the Secrets of Food Labels
- Activity 1: Food Label Tour
- Activity 2: Getting to Know Daily Values
- Activity 3: Daily Values and Food Decisions
- Activity 4: Finding the Hidden Fat, Salt, and Sugar
- Activity 5: Choosing Whole Grains: Food Labels Can Help
- Activity 6: Label Lingo
- Activity 7: Serving Size Wise
Breakfast in a Flash
- Activity 1: What's Quick and Healthy to Eat for Breakfast?
- Activity 2: Choosing Healthy Breakfast Foods
- Activity 3: Choosing Low-Fat Milk
- Activity 4: Variety: The Key to a Healthy Breakfast
- Activity 1: Choosing Healthy Snacks
- Activity 2: What's a Serving of Snacks?
- Activity 3: The Case of the Missing Money
- Activity 4: Healthy Foods Make Great Snacks!
- Activity 5: Sugar in My Snacks
Fast Foods - the Healthy Way
- Activity 1: Understanding Fat in Fast Foods
- Activity 2: Making Healthier Choices from Fast Food Menus
- Activity 3: Fast Foods: Your Health and Your Weight
Save by ordering this CD with the Simply Good Eating — Complete Curriculum.