Organizing Your Important Papers Workshop
Do you have a group of people who would benefit from hearing about important papers they should keep on hand and how to organize them to avoid the “clutter?” Then the Organizing Your Important Papers Workshop is for you!
University of Minnesota Extension Educators can deliver this workshop to your group. Whether you are an employer, human resources director, community organization leader, church director, or other community leader, we can help your participants start to think about and act towards financial security in their later life.
About the Workshop
This one-hour workshop will help participants learn the basics about organizing papers and why it’s so important to do so. Through this workshop and the related materials they will receive as part of this training, participants will learn:
- Strategies to recognize, collect, and organize their personal, financial and legal papers.
- Useful tools and materials to help organize those papers in appropriate locations and for recommended lengths of time.
- How to identify and replace essential missing documents.
- The importance of and how to communicate their organizational system with other family members.
- How to prepare an emergency file.
- How to complete a household inventory.
After participating in the workshop, participants are expected to take one or more of the following actions:
- Locate and organize important personal, financial and legal papers.
- Identify and replace missing essential documents.
- Complete a household inventory.
- Communicate or share their organizational system and information with other family members.
- Prepare a disaster “grab & go” file for their family.
This workshop can be customized for your group and can be delivered in-person or online.
Schedule a Workshop Today!
Other Offerings for Groups
You may also be interested in our other Financial Security for Later Life workshops:
- Take the Road to Financial Security Workshop
- Who Gets Grandma’s Yellow Pie Plate? Workshop
- Intergenerational Land Transfer Workshop
- Health Care Directives Workshop
- Critical Conversations About Financing Long-term Care
Also, you may also be interested in these individual online learning opportunities:
- Invest NOW: Money in Retirement
- Take the Road to Financial Security: Online Self-study Course
- Critical Conversations About Financing Long Term Care
Find materials about: