Resources to help school personnel, counselors, social workers, faith-based staff, parent educators, public health staff, and others work with teens and their families.
Teen Talk Take and Teach CDs
These comprehensive CDs contain all of the materials needed to teach a lesson to a group of parents or a group of parents and teens together. Click on a CD link below to get more information, see sample materials, and/or place an order.
Research Updates for Professionals
These short-term, non-credit online trainings help professionals working with families of teens explore current research on specific topics in the field of normative adolescent development and what it means for the two-way parent-adolescent relationship.
- Get more information
- Find out about the current offering Using the Internet for Parent Education.
- See resources from past Research Updates for Professionals.
Contact the Families with Teens team to train your group on working with families of teens.
These additional resources may also be of interest to you in your work.
- Teen Link — A guide to resources on teen issues for educators, parents, and other working with adolescents.
- What's New With Teens and Their Families? — Resources from the past Reseach Updates for Professionals.
- Violence in Our Schools — Resources for recovering and preventing from school shootings, bullying and other violence in schools.
- Alcohol Use and Young People — Resources for families and professionals on teen alcohol use.
- Helping Youth Succeed: Bicultural Parenting for Southeast Asian Families — Lesson plans, video, and more to help families and professionals understand Southeast Asian family perspectives about parenting and address issues in a bi-cultural context.
- Developing Adolescents: A Reference for Professionals — American Psychological Association — A guide for understanding and working with adolescents.
- The Teen Years Explained: A Guide to Healthy Adolescent Development — Center for Adolescent Health, John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health — Essential guide for people who work with young people and for youth-serving organizations.
- Raising Teens: A Synthesis of Research and a Foundation for Action — Center for Work, Family, and Personal Life, Massachusetts Institute of Technology — Website that makes research more accessible and useful to those who work with and on behalf of parents, adolescents, and families.