Resources to help parents meet the challenge of raising teens.
All links are PDF files under 1 MB unless otherwise indicated.
Information on bullying, school violence, and more.
- Violence in Our Schools
- School...Making the Most of It — English | Spanish
- Bullying: A Big Problem with Big Consequences — English | Spanish
- What if the next shooting is at my school? — English | Spanish
- Winning Isn't Everything — English | Spanish
- I Need to Get a Job — English | Spanish
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drugs
Advice on teen parties, talking with your teen about substance use, and dealing with the "everybody's doing it" attitude.
- There's a Party...Can I Go? — English | Spanish
- But You and Dad Drink... — English | Spanish
- Alcohol Use and Young People (web site) — English
- It's Just One Cigarette — English (1.8 MB PDF) | Spanish
- Relax Mom, It's Only Pot! — English | Spanish
- Teens and Meth — English | Spanish
- But Everybody's Doin' It...— English | Spanish
The "how to" of effective communication in different situations.
Relationships: Peers and Dating
Tips for talking with your teen about sexuality and dating.
- Teens and Their Peers — English
- I'm in Love: I'm Not Gonna Get Pregnant — English | Spanish
- I've Met Someone Special — English | Spanish
Strategies to help parents monitor what their teen does on the Internet.
Parents of College Students
Teens still need their parents' guidance after high school.
- Helping Youth Succeed: Bicultural Parenting for Southeast Asian Families — Online resources to help parents, teens, and educators understand and address issues related to different Southeast Asian perspectives on parenting.
See additional parent resources