Retail Trade Analysis
Retail Trade Analysis is an important new tool for strengthening your local marketplace. This program will:
- Provide accurate local sales data.
- Help your community plan for business expansions or recruitment.
- Compare your community sales data to others.
- Help you assess strengths and opportunities for your local businesses.
Analysis leads to understanding
How healthy are retail sales in your community? A Retail Trade Analysis quickly provides a historical report that helps you:
- Know your community’s actual retail sales potential.
- Learn which retailers are attracting shoppers to your town.
- Learn what your community’s retail opportunities are.
- Find out which businesses are drawing shoppers away from your town.
- Understand your town’s pull factor — what it means, and why it matters!
Analysis leads to retail opportunity
Your community can use this Retail Trade Analysis to:
- Jump start a retail trade improvement plan.
- Update your existing retail plan.
- Help local businesses.
- Attract new businesses.
- Survive the big box retailers.
An important business development tool, Retail Trade Analysis is affordable and available to Minnesota communities through Extension.
What you will receiveEach community that purchases Retail Trade Analysis will receive a printed report for their city and county, a digital presentation file, and a PDF file from which to make additional copies of the report.
Each individualized report will:
- Define the pull factors available to your community;
- Describe your community’s current local retail market;
- Evaluate your retail trends;
- Show how your community retail sales compare to others; and
- Evaluate how your actual sales compare to your sales potential.
Are your residents shopping locally? See Minnesota maps of actual retail sales.
The Retail Trade Analysis program is available to all Minnesota counties and cities with populations greater than 5,000. Contact a regional Extension educator today to find out more.