The U-Lead Advisory Academy furthers leadership skills, knowledge, and networks while highlighting the diverse resources, research and programs that Extension and the University of Minnesota offer.
We are currently recruiting participants for the 2014 leadership program. Applications are due November 18, 2013
The U-Lead Advisory Academy is a way for Extension to give back to partners, supporters and volunteers of Extension programming around the state. Applicants must be aged 18 and older, and are typically from among the following groups:
- Extension Partners/Volunteers: Master Gardeners, Master Naturalists, Shoreland Volunteers, 4-H Volunteers, Horizons Participants
- County Extension Committee members
- Citizen Advisory Committee members
- County Commissioners
- Regional Sustainable Partnership Advisory Members and Partners
- Extension Staff (Note: A limited number of staff will be selected, with permission from a supervisor.)
- Other partners and supporters
We invite partners and volunteers from across all of our program areas to continue to make this a diverse group — food, agriculture and natural resources, community vitality, family development and youth development.
The 2012-2013 Advisory Academy graduating class