Helping community leaders examine economic change
Economic changes in your community can happen over a long period of time or very quickly. It's not always easy to see how those changes connect to other parts of your economy. Our economic impact analysis program is designed to assist community leaders with the following types of questions.
- What is the economic impact of this change on our local, regional, or state economy?
- What would happen economically if this didn't happen?
- What would this change contribute to our local, regional, or state economy?
- What other industries are impacted by this change?
Futures Workshop and Emergency Economic Impact Analysis
Understanding how industries and households interact can help predict how economic changes will affect your community. Two program offerings are designed to help your community imagine its future.
- Futures Workshop: Go in-depth exploring how industries in your economy interact and the implications for other industries and households.
- Economic Emergency Economic Impact Analysis: Explore how a sudden economic change will affect your economy, industries, and households.
In partnership with the Northern Grapes Project (USDA-funded grant), U of M Extension has assembled a profile of grape growers in 13 northern states. Read the report (PDF)