The University of Minnesota Extension crops team brings university research to Minnesota producers and ag professionals through educational programs, clinics and conferences, on-farm research, web resources, and publications. We help producers take control of their decisions to increase profitability and reduce economic and environmental risks.
Minnesota Crop News
- 5/17 Hybrid Maturity Considerations for Delayed Corn Planting
For much of Minnesota, the windows of opportunity for corn planting have been late to arrive and interrupted by weather. This article addresses several concerns about late-planted corn.
- 5/16 University of Minnesota Extension Launches Websites for Alfafa Weather Damage and Survey to Determine Extent of Alfalfa Damage
The University of Minnesota Extension Forage Team has developed a list of resources available to livestock and alfalfa producers affected by the recent alfalfa winter injury and winterkill in 2013. ...
- 5/10 Sauk Centre Hay Auction Report May 2, 2013
Reports from Sauk Centre MN Hay Auction prepared by Extension Educator Dan Martens
- 5/10 Starter and Sulfur Fertilizer use for Corn:Spring 2013
With the variation in conditions we have seen this spring there are a few issues that may show up in fields related to cool and wet soils. Purpling of corn ...
- 5/9 Iron Deficiency Chlorosis Research in NW Minnesota
High pH, highly calcareous soils, common in western Minnesota, restrict the availability of soil Fe needed for optimum soybean growth and yield. On such soils, the amount of Fe fertilizer ...