Crop rotations, continuous corn
Hybrid selection, corn grain and silage trials
Soil properties, soil management, water management
Nutrient management guidelines, legume N credits, manure
General guidelines, delayed planting, replant decisions
Emergence and stand establishment, growth and development, weather and crop damage
Weed management, disease and nematode management, insect management
Harvest and lodging, grain drying and storage, crop residue management
PDFs from past events
- 5/21 Central MN Alfalfa Scissors-Cut Data May 20, 2013
Data from alfalfa field observations and testing on May 20 2013 in Central MN
- 5/17 Hybrid Maturity Considerations for Delayed Corn Planting
For much of Minnesota, the windows of opportunity for corn planting have been late to arrive and interrupted by weather. This article addresses several concerns about late-planted corn.
- 5/16 University of Minnesota Extension Launches Websites for Alfafa Weather Damage and Survey to Determine Extent of Alfalfa Damage
The University of Minnesota Extension Forage Team has developed a list of resources available to livestock and alfalfa producers affected by the recent alfalfa winter injury and winterkill in 2013. ...
- 5/10 Sauk Centre Hay Auction Report May 2, 2013
Reports from Sauk Centre MN Hay Auction prepared by Extension Educator Dan Martens
- 5/10 Starter and Sulfur Fertilizer use for Corn:Spring 2013
With the variation in conditions we have seen this spring there are a few issues that may show up in fields related to cool and wet soils. Purpling of corn ...