Donate to Extension
Extension takes University research and education into people's lives, engaging Minnesotans to address many of today's complex issues. Your gift makes a difference in Minnesota.
Ways to give to Extension
Make a gift now using your credit card supporting University of Minnesota Extension. You may designate a specific program or area, or type in special instructions for your gift.
Learn about Extension programs to support
- 4-H Foundation
- Master Naturalist
- Tourism Center
- Minnesota Extension Workers Scholarship (MEWS)
- Minnesota Agriculture and Rural Leaders Program
- Leadership Development: Minnesota Association of Soil & Water Conversation Districts (MASWCD)
- Red River Valley Emerging Leaders Program
- Master Gardeners
- Cooking Matters
Three Ways to Make a Cash Gift:
- Use your credit card supporting University of Minnesota Extension. You may designate a specific program or area, or type in special instructions for your gift.
Send a check or money order payable to the University of Minnesota Foundation. The form also allows for setting up electronic fund transfers (EFT), if you wish. Print the gift form and send with your gift to:
University of Minnesota Foundation
P.O. Box 70870
St. Paul, MN 55170-3854
- Call our credit card hotline at 612-626-8560 or 800-775-2187 and leave your full name and phone number, the type of credit card, card number, expiration date, amount of your gift, and if/where you would like the gift to be designated.
Future gifts may take the form of a simple bequest from a will or living trust, the designation of retirement plan assets or life insurance, or a gift that can provide income payments to you or your loved ones for life. Future gifts are made today, but generally are not available for use by the University of Minnesota until some future date, generally after the death of the donor.
Future gifts include:
- Testamentary Bequests
- Retirement Plan Assets
- Life Insurance Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
Learn more about future gifts
- Request free information from the University of Minnesota on popular planned giving and estate planning topics.
- View a Letter of Intent PDF for a Future (Estate) Gift.
- Be recognized with membership in the Presidents Club Heritage Society of the University of Minnesota, for donors of future gifts.
- Giving to the U of M
Planned Giving can also assist with outright gifts of real estate, tangible personal property, appreciated securities, and with the creation of charitable lead trusts that provide an income stream to the University now with gift and estate tax benefits for you and your family later on. We invite you and your professional advisors to explore and learn about the many opportunities and options for future giving to the University of Minnesota.
Your employer may also be one of thousands of companies who match donations made by employees, thereby doubling the impact of your gift. To find out, use the corporate match search engine.
Discuss giving options
Jane Johnson, Development Director
Thank you for considering a gift to University of Minnesota Extension. You join an extraordinary group of Extension faculty, staff, parents and friends.